Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Awakening by Angela Hunt



Review by Allana, regular contributor.


In The Awakening by Angela Hunt, Aurora Rose Norquest is a reclusive and incredibly naive 35 year old. After taking care of her mother for years, Aurora doesn't know what to do with her life after her mother's death. Fearing everything around her, horrifying nightmares plague her every night. They reenact startling memories from Aurora's past. This book is written beautifully. It is a fantastic read; and touches on many topics that in today's time, should be brought to light.


After her mother's death, Aurora is trying to branch out and become part of the world. She is taking small steps to change. Feeling like she has no purpose in life, Aurora must find a way to live again. With the help of a new neighbor, a woman named Clara, and a doorman; Aurora just may find her strength.


I loved The Awakening By: Angela Hunt, and I hope you will too!


Suggested Age Group: Adult

3 Comments:

Emily said...

I think I'll have to read this one. It has great reviews on Amazon, too.

The cover is hauntingly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Emily for commenting! I really do recommend this book! It is one of the best I have ever read! And believe me, that's saying something!

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

I haven't read this but I have heard Angela speak at writer's conferences. She is an amazingly prolific writer. And good, too.

blogger templates | Make Money Online